Thursday, February 21, 2008

Phillies, Nats, Marlins, Mets Are Teams I Don't Like

In order to expand my audience here are some quick NL East stories:

- Mets relievers like to wear a lot of jewelry.

- Wife-beating Brett Myers played a prank on Kyle Kendrick.

- Nats fans get insanely mad when Talking Chop points out the ridiculous amount of ex-Braves who will be fighting for a spot at the Nationals camp. (Scroll down through the comments. Angry much?)

- Marlins are about to sign a deal for a new stadium in 2011. Being a Braves fan in Miami, I was ecstatic to read this since at one point they were thinking of relocating the team to Vegas or San Antonio.

Now for some Braves bits. I found this guy's website with A LOT of signed baseball cards. Check out Matt Diaz's card. He doesn't get a whole season's worth of stats in .... so I guess that only gets you a half-assed baseball card from the 80's, Matty. He included the bible scripture Phil 1:6 which reads:

And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

I want to turn that quote into some sort of left-field platoon joke but I can't get over that Cracker Jack baseball card.

2 comments:

Mena said...

Yeah, I couldn't get into that prank as soon as Brett Myers' ugly ass showed up. Fuck that guy.

Matty's card is amazing. Is it supposed to look retro?? I've seen a goofy Heap card that is supposed to look like it's from the thirties or something.

RehabReject (Miami, FL) said...

I have no idea what is up with that card. I guess they were going for a vintage look but who knows

There's a Joey Devine card on that same site that looks vintage:
http://www.sportsautosttm.com/joeydevine.JPG